Directions to Rumbling Bald Resort from Asheville or Black Mountain
Please follow directions and odometer readings carefully; most online map services are not updated to reflect recent road changes from Old Fort to Lake Lure. These directions will save 20 minutes driving time to the Resort from Asheville; you will be on a well maintained unpaved road for approximately 1/2 mile.
Please allow 40 minutes travel time from Asheville on this route.
- Proceed on I-40 East to Exit 73, Bat Cave Road.
- Turn right onto Bat Cave Road and proceed South for 7.0 miles.
- Turn left on Cedar Creek Road, just past the entrance to Gateway Mountain. Follow Cedar Creek Road for 3.9 miles. (The first 1/2 mile section of Cedar Creek Road is a well maintained gravel road.)
- Turn Right on Buffalo Creek Road and continue for 3.8 miles until you see the Resort's main entrance on your right.
- For Guest Registration, Weddings, Bald Mountain Golf Course, and the Spa, turn right at the main entrance.
Rumbling Bald Resort's Guest Registration and Guest Services are located in the lobby of Lakeview Restaurant, the first building on the left past the security gate.
Group Sales and Weddings Office are located in the Resort administration building, the first building on the right from the security gate.
Bald Mountain Golf Shop and Legends Pub & Pizzeria are the second building to the right of the security gate.
- The Spa is located at the Wellness Center. Turn Left on Quail Ridge Blvd. (just past the Bald Mountain Golf Shop) and follow this road until you see the Wellness Center with its parking area in front of the member boat docks.
- For the Apple Valley Golf Course and Luna Del Sol Restaurant continue on Buffalo Creek Road past main Resort entrance to next stop sign.
- Turn left at stop, staying on Buffalo Creek Road, and proceed 1.5 miles to Winesap Blvd., the main entrance to Apple Valley.
- Turn left onto Winesap and proceed .75 miles to the Apple Valley Clubhouse.
Download Directions in a PDF for Print or Email
Important Driving Information:
- GPS Coordinates to our front entrance: Latitude: 35°27'37.27"N Longitude: 82°11'18.16"W
- Please allow 40-50 minutes travel time from Asheville / Black Mountain.