Driving Directions to Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure from Raleigh, Greensboro or Winston-Salem via I-40 West
*Note: This route is currently experiencing some road construction with detours. Please expect an additional 10-15 minutes travel.
- Proceed on I-40 West to Exit 81, Sugar Hill Road.
- Turn Left onto Sugar Hill Road and proceed South for 4.6 miles.
- At the end of the red fence which runs on both sides of the road, veer right and continue onto Sugar Hill Road (#1001) for an additional 7.1 miles. (This road will eventually become Montford Cove Road.)
- Turn right onto Bills Creek Road (#1008) and proceed 7 miles.
- Turn right on Buffalo Creek Road (across from Dalton's General Store) and proceed 0.8 mile to Winesap Blvd, the entrance for Apple Valley Golf Course and Luna Del Sol Restaurant.
- For Guest Registration, Weddings, Bald Mountain Golf Course, and the Spa and Salon, continue on Buffalo Creek past the Apple Valley entrance for 1.5 miles.
- Turn right at the Rumbling Bald Resort and Wyndham at Fairfield Mountains signs, cross the small bridge, and make a left turn at the security gate.
- Rumbling Bald Resort's Guest Registration and Guest Services are located in the lobby of Lakeview Restaurant, the first building on the left past the security gate.
- Group Sales and Weddings Office are located in the Resort administration building, the first building on the right from the security gate.
- Bald Mountain Golf Shop and Legends Pub & Pizzeria are the second building to the right of the security gate.
- The Spa and Salon is located at the Wellness Center. Turn Left on Quail Ridge Blvd. (just past the Bald Mountain Golf Shop) and follow this road until you see the Wellness Center with its parking area in front of the member boat docks.
Download directions in a PDF for Print or Email
Important Driving Information:
- GPS Coordinates to our front entrance: Latitude: 35°27'37.27"N Longitude: 82°11'18.16"W
- Please allow two hours travel time from Winston-Salem