Driving Directions to Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure from
I-26, Asheville Airport or Hendersonville
- From Asheville and points West, drive East on 1-26 E towards Hendersonville/Spartanburg.
- Take Exit 67 right onto US 74 E towards Columbus/Rutherfordton.
- Follow US 74 for 5 miles and take Exit 167 for Hwy. 9 toward Lake Lure/Mill Spring.
- Turn left onto Hwy. 9 N and go 9 miles until the road merges with Hwy. 64/74
A at Lake Lure, just past the Ingles Supermarket.
- Turn right onto US Hwy. 64/74 A, toward Rutherfordton, and proceed 2.5 miles to Bills Creek Rd. (NOTE: Ignore it if your GPS says to turn onto Buffalo Shoals Rd - you will get here, but it will take longer.)
- Turn left on Bills Creek Road (#1008) just past the small bridge over the Rocky Broad River.
- Proceed 2 miles uphill on Bills Creek Rd.
- Turn left on Buffalo Creek Road (across from Dalton's General
Store) and proceed 2.3 miles, going past the entrance for Apple
Valley Golf Course and Luna Del Sol Restaurant.
- Turn right at the Rumbling Bald Resort and Wyndham at Fairfield Mountains
signs, cross the small bridge, and make an immediately left turn to enter the security gate.
- Rumbling Bald Resort's Guest Registration and Guest
Services are located in the lobby of Lakeview Restaurant, the first
building on the left past the security gate.
- Group Sales and Weddings Office are
located in the resort administrative building to the right from the security
- Bald Mountain Golf Shop and Legends Pub &
Pizzeria are the second building to the right of the gate.
- The Spa & Salon are located at the Wellness Center. Turn Left on Quail Ridge Blvd. (just past the Bald Mountain Golf Shop) and
follow this road until you see the Wellness Center with its parking area in
front of the member boat docks.
Download Directions in a PDF for Print or Email
Important Driving Information:
- GPS Coordinates to our front entrance: 35░ 27.645 Ná 82░ 11.314 W
- Please allow one hour travel time from Hendersonville