At Rumbling Bald Resort, we consider ourselves lucky to be home to two beautiful championship golf courses. We want everyone to enjoy playing our courses so we’ve put together a list of quick tips and facts for playing at Apple Valley Golf Course.
- Large fairways and inviting greens make this course much more playable for the average golfer.
- The back nine at Apple may be the prettiest of the two courses. It runs right up to Young’s Mountain and then back down again.
- As a par 72, 18-hole course it contains four par 5 holes, four par 3 holes, and ten par 4 holes.
- Large undulated greens
- Designed by Dan Maples opened in 1986 and has been dubbed one of the most beautiful mountain courses around by Golf Digest’s “Places to Play”
- The course measures 6,756 yards from the tips.
- It has a slope rating of 140 and a 73.2 USGA rating.
- Pull out the driver and let it rip. Apple Valley has a wonderful set of par 5’s that will challenge even the longest hitters to reach in two shots.
- The game changes a little when you get to the greens. They are very undulated and large, so be very accurate with your irons.
- Hole #14, par 3, is a picturesque shot over a rocky creek bed. Take enough club to carry the trouble…going long here is not a bad idea.
- Hole #11 is a shorter par 4 that gives you a wonderful view of Bald Mountain in the background. It leaves you with a short iron or wedge into a small green fronted by a lake.
- Hole #18, par 5, is a sure 3 shot hole for everyone. Play if safe off the tee and set yourself up for your favorite yardage into the green. The green is surrounded by bunkers and water so be careful and take enough club.