- This event has passed.
Members and Guests,
July 4th in a different kind of year.
It seems we are the almost perfect vacation spot for a world dealing with COVID-19.
People can drive here from a host of large cities and avoid crowded planes. They can rent a house or a condo and enjoy social distancing unlike that found in a traditional hotel or resort. And they can take to the outdoors, the safest place one can find in a pandemic, with their families and friends, in many cases for the first time in months.
Unless something radically changes and governments at the state and local levels close vacation rentals, Rumbling Bald is going to be busy on the July 4th weekend.
To protect our members, guests and associates, and promote social distancing, we are eliminating all the beachfront activities for the 4th: no bounce houses, cookouts or marshmallow roasts, nor kids games on the courts, or satellite ice cream and beer setups, etc.
In replacement of some of these items, we will open The Gardens and use the terrace to provide additional food and beverage options in a way that follows all COVID-19 food service requirements.
Additionally, we are taking all of this one step further: only members and registered guests will be allowed on the property on July 4th. And only those with a wristband will be allowed on the beach.
We will enforce the Member/Guest and wristband policy at the Guard House starting early in the morning of the 4th through to the end of the fireworks (yes, we are having fireworks).
Following is the wristband policy for 2020:
- Wristbands are available for Members in good standing
- Wristbands limited to 2 per bedroom +4, maximum of 14 for an improved property
- Limit of 2 wristbands per unimproved lot. Members owning an improved and unimproved property are limited to that provided by the improved property as calculated above
- Requests for wristbands can be made by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name and member number along with the requested number of wristbands in your email. Wristbands will be available for pickup within 2 business days at the Admin building during business hours. The wristbands will also be available for pickup on July 4th in the Admin building. Children 6 and under will not be required to have wristbands.
Please note all registered Rumbling Bald Guests will receive their wristbands at check-in. There is no need to request your wristbands.
Our goal is to provide as normal a July 4th as we can for our Members and Guests. And while we’d like to invite in our neighbors in the local area, for this year, for these times, we need to keep this to a Rumbling Bald affair.
Social distancing is everyone’s responsibility and we ask that everyone does their part to ensure a safe independence day.
Jeff Geisler, GM
Enjoy the peak of summer vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains during our annual 4th of July Independence Day Celebration with a spectacular Fireworks Show.
Schedule of Events for Saturday, July 4th:
- 11am – 10pm Lunch and Dinner service available at Legends on the Lake
- 11am – 10pm Food and Drink service on the Lakeview Terrace offering: Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Beverages, Bar, and Ice Cream.
- 4pm Golf Cart Parade. Sign-up in advance at the Bald Mountain Pro Shop 828.694.3042.
- 6pm – 9pm The Gardens open for dinner
- 9:20pm National Anthem
- 9:30pm Fireworks
Please note: All members and resort guests must wear their RBR wristbands to gain entry to the Resort on the 4th. Wristbands will be provided prior to the event.
For more information, please call 828.694.3000.
Dates, times, and activities subject to change and or modifications without notice.