We are excited to begin welcoming Members and Guests back to our facilities. The Wellness Center has resumed limited operations and personal services. In keeping with the State and Local County directives, the Wellness Center will be operating with limited capacity, and we will introduce new safety protocols, as we work to continue to safeguard our members, guests, and associates.
While you were away, we took the opportunity to have the entire Wellness Center remodeled, professional sterilized, and cleaned all flooring in select locations. We’ve also implemented enhanced cleaning protocols and sterilization equipment for use throughout the facility. All cleaners used to disinfect the Wellness Center and surrounding areas are CDC recommended and EPA approved.
- Front Desk All associates working at the front desk will be required to wear masks and work behind the provided sneeze guard. No cash transactions will be allowed. All transactions will be contactless. Frequently touched surfaces such as counters, door handles, etc will be disinfected regularly.
- Spa & Salon Reservations only. Limited appointments are available. 15-minute intervals between appointments used for disinfecting between clients. Clients are required to wear masks during their appointment. All appointments will be required to complete an additional Covid-19 intake form prior to the appointment. Intake forms available via email upon request. To protect social distancing we ask for no walk-ins please.
- Services & Facilities A select menu of Spa and Salon services will be available during the first phase of our reopening period. Please note that due to limited capacity, not all of your favorite service providers will be available each day. Some areas of the Wellness Center will not be available as part of this first phase.
- Arrivals All members and guests will enter through the main entrance. All Spa & Salon guests should arrive five minutes before their appointment time. We have reappointed the Spa waiting area to provide appropriately distanced seating. For everyone’s safety, we are requiring that all guests wear a mask while inside the facility; and hand washing will be required for all nail appointments.
- Game Courts Organized basketball games from multiple households are prohibited at this time. Families in the same household may use the basketball court and game court. Individuals from separate households must practice social distancing. At this time, cornhole will be the only game available. Cornhole bags will be disinfected after use and cornhole boards will be disinfected before use. All racquets, horseshoes, and basketballs rented from the Wellness Center will be disinfected upon return. Use of the outdoor chess, checkers, Connect 4, and Jenga are prohibited.
- Mini Golf Usage will be limited at 50% capacity. Golfers must practice safe social distancing. Associates will disinfect all putters and balls upon return.
- Indoor Pool Indoor pool usage will be limited at 50% capacity. The length of time in the pool will be limited to 45 minutes if there are people waiting. Associates will disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, door handles, and pool chairs every hour. Individuals from different households must practice safe social distancing. Associates will check the chlorine levels in the pool and hot tub every hour. Indoor Pool Adult Swim from 7:30am – 10am.
- Sauna and Steam Rooms will remain closed.
Reopened Friday, September 4, 2020 at 5pm
Gov. Cooper announced plans to move NC into a Phase 2.5 Reopening. Which includes allowing the Fitness Center to reopen under certain guidelines.
- Limited capacity will allow for up to 7 guests in the Gym at any one time.
- Reservations will be required for both the Fitness Center and Indoor Pool areas. Please call the Wellness Center directly at 828.694.3005 OR book via your Member App.
- Exercise time is limited to one hour per guest unless there are no reservations behind them.
- We will be marking off every other treadmill and the middle elliptical to ensure safe distancing.
- Guests are required to wipe down the exercise equipment once finished. However, our associates will also wipe down all equipment and commonly touched surfaces hourly.
- We will continue to hold limited Fitness Classes outdoors or virtually until we are able to increase our capacity in the Multipurpose Room.
- Please note: All guests must be 16 years of age or older to use the gym.
Additional Guidance from the State:
Gyms, fitness and exercise facilities may open, but must limit “customers” in indoor areas to 30% Emergency Maximum Occupancy, which is the lowest number produced by applying the following two tests: (a) Limit the number of customers in the facility to 30% of the stated fire capacity (or, for spaces without a stated fire capacity, no more than 7 customers for every 1000 square feet of the location’s total square footage including parts that are not accessible to customers or guests); (b) Limit the number of people in any given room of the facility so that everyone can stay 6 feet apart. For outdoor areas the “customers” must be limited to the lowest of: (a) the outdoor Mass Gathering limit of 50 people, (b) 12 customers for every 1000 square feet, or (c) the number that allows everyone to stay 6 feet apart.
There are numerous other regulations governing exercise facilities, including:
- Require customers or workers to wear Face Coverings except when strenuously exercising,
- Space equipment and people to maintain six feet of distance,
- Disinfect all shared equipment between users and in accordance with the order, and
- Follow “Core Signage, Screening, and Sanitation Requirements” in the Order.
Weekly Fitness Classes
Limited fitness classes have resumed including Morning Walk, Aqua Aerobics, and Tai Chi. These classes will have limited capacity and social distancing measures in place.
- Morning Walk Monday – Friday starting promptly at 7:30am. The walk usually takes about an hour and varies from day to day.
- Aqua Aerobics Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday starting at 9:00am at the Trout Stream Pool.
- Tai Chi Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00am. This class will take place at the Beach Pavilion when weather permits. Please note the Friday Tai Chi class is an intermediate level.
Please note COVID-19 guidelines and policies are in place, including limited capacity and maintaining social distancing. For a complete schedule, click here.
Daily Hours of Operations:
- 7:30am – 8:00pm daily
For more information, please call the Wellness Center at 828.694.3005.
*Children under 16 are not permitted to use the fitness center. Indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center are available for members and resort guests only. However, spa and salon services and mini-golf are always open to the Public.