How do we contact Rumbling Bald Resort?
For additional information all weddings and wedding events please send email or call us at 828.694.3000.

How do we get to Rumbling Bald Resort?
Rumbling Bald Resort is located at 112 Mountains Blvd., Lake Lure, North Carolina. We are approximately 2 hours from Charlotte, 1.5 hours from Greenville, SC and a 1 hour drive from Asheville NC. Directions

Can we "afford" to get married at Rumbling Bald Resort?
Yes! We know wedding budgets vary for everyone, but when compared to most city wedding venues, you will find our rates to be a pleasant surprise as you develop your wedding budget.

How many can you accommodate?
We provide multiple wedding venues that are designed to accommodate weddings as small as 10 persons to a beautiful lakeside gazebo site that accommodates up to 200 guests. Depending on the size of your wedding, we can schedule all your wedding events at one of our beautiful mountain venues.

If we book the gazebo and it rains what happens?
The covered terrace can be used as your last minute back up plan. The staff will take the chairs from around the tables at the reception and place them theatre style around the dance floor. When the ceremony is over the staff will place the chairs back around the tables.

Do you have inside reception space?
Yes, on certain days and months of the year. During our peak season which is May-October if you host your wedding on a Sunday or Monday you would have the option of using the Lakeview Restaurant which has the same great view as the covered terrace. During the off season months of November-April we can use the Lakeview Restaurant for the reception on any day of the week. This makes an ideal plan for a back up space for your reception if the weather does not cooperate and these off season months are also heavily discounted.

Does the resort supply the food or can we bring in our own catering?
Rumbling Bald Resort has to supply the food and beverage. Our award-winning culinary team have created a wonderful selection of wedding menus, in a variety of price ranges. Certain peak dates have food and beverage minimums required. You are allowed to bring in your wedding cake or groom's cake.

What about the bar? Can we supply that or does the resort?
Rumbling Bald Resort has to supply the bar items.

Do you have vendors that you recommend?
Yes, we have a vendors list with everyone from photographers, wedding coordinators, officants, DJ's, bands, Videographer, bakers and more. This list was compiled by brides that have used and recommended these vendors to us.

If I do not use a vendor from your list, will I be charged an additional fee?
No, there are no additional fees for using vendors that are not on the list.

Will we be able to sample the food?
Yes, we do offer a taste testing. You can pick up to four items from the menus and bring up to 6 guests for the tasting. Taste testing appointments need to be made at least two weeks in advance with the wedding sales manager.

What size tables are used at the reception?
The tables are 60" rounds that seat 8 per table

Do you provide a table for the cake and is there a cake cutting fee?
Yes, we provide a table for your cake. After the bride and groom have cut the cake and taken pictures our staff will cut the cake and serve to the guests. There is no charge for this. If you plan on saving the top layer, be sure the baker leaves a box for you to take it home.

Is there a place for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready?
Yes, we provide (at no additional cost) a bridal changing area. The room has a sitting area with a couch and love seat, 3 makeup mirrors, full length mirror and changing area.

Do you allow dogs at the ceremony?
Yes, we have had quite a few cute dogs make the walk down the aisle.

Is the gazebo and reception area handicap accessible?
Yes, there is a parking lot around security where guests can drive down and enter the gazebo area.

How do we obtain a valid North Carolina marriage license?
A valid North Carolina Marriage License may be obtained by contacting the Registrar of Deeds in Rutherford County at 828.287.6155. The office is located Rutherfordton, a small town about 20 miles from the resort. The office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm. The cost for the license is $60.00, and it must be used within 30 days. There is no waiting period, or blood test required. A drivers license or birth certificate and Social Security Card is required for both bride and groom.

Can we or our Photographer use a drone to film?
Out of safety concerns for members, guests, employees, and resort property, as well as, concerns for individual privacy, Rumbling Bald Resort prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems (UAV’s) or drones, by the general public, including recreational users and hobbyists without prior written authorization from the Resort. This prohibition includes drones used for any purpose whatsoever, whether filming or videotaping, or by media or journalists operating above or within Resort boundaries. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from Resort property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Resort boundaries. Please contact the Rumbling Bald Security Department, 828.694.3046 if you have any questions or if you have appropriate governmental authorization allowing you to operate drones above the Resort. Any authorized operation of drones must be in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement, and US Forest Service rules, as well as, those policies separately established by the Resort. These authorizations, regulations and rules generally require an application to the FAA, certification, training, various restrictions, safety and national security clearances, and a specific limited purpose, as well as, insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and waivers and releases of liability. Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your privileges, guests removal from property, in addition to penalties or other actions that may be taken by any of the other regulatory agencies noted above.

Please note that only licensed and insured pilots will be considered.