Rated one of the top courses in North Carolina by Golf Channel’s Golf Advisor, Bald Mountain was designed by George Cobb (architect of the par-3 course at Augusta National) protégé W.B. Lewis. Checking in at just over 6,300 yards, it is one of the only courses in the region featuring five par 3s and five par 5s. That includes both an opening and closing three-shotter, the 496-yard first hole and 479-yard 18th. Bald Mountain is the ideal complement to Apple Valley offering a decidedly different, yet unforgettable, golf experience.
We are taking the following precautions to allow you to enjoy our beautiful golf courses during these difficult times. We are doing everything we can to ensure that the golf courses will be an option to enjoy and we hope you will help us in our goal.
- The driving ranges will also remain open and balls will be placed on the range each morning for you to enjoy. No need to check-in.
- Staff will be present in the cart staging area to welcome and check-in members and guests.
- The staff will disinfect and sanitize golf carts before and after use.
- Golf carts will still be available, one cart per player, unless your cart partner is an immediate family member. Carts will be made available on a first-come basis.
- We encourage all golfers to bring hand sanitizer from home to be used while playing golf.
- Water coolers have been removed from the course until further notice.
- Please always leave the flagstick in and avoid touching.
- Please note that bunker rakes have been removed. We ask that golfers do their best to smooth sand surfaces with their feet.
- On-Course restrooms will continue to be sanitized by our cleaning crews.
- We have removed sand bottles from our carts until further notice.
- We will have doors propped open.
- The water and ice machine will be temporarily out of service.
We are open for daily play. To make a tee time simply call the Pro Shop directly at 828.694.3042.
Groups and Packages
We offer a variety of group packages and seasonal specials. Click here for more information.
Interesting Fact: The 16th hole is a scene location from the hit movie “Dirty Dancing”.